Team activities during the event
This section gives an overview of what each sub-team, which consists of volunteers and core members, needs to do a few days before, during and after the event itself.
Here are some general team rules that are useful to put in place:
- 1.Be on time
- 2.If you can’t do your shift, find another person to switch with you
- 3.Take care of yourself and others
- 4.Sort your waste!
- 2.recycled stuff (paper, cardboard, plastic bottle)
- 3.organic waste
- 5.If you are near electrical equipment (sound system, cameras, cables, etc.), only drink out of bottles! Never drink out of a cup!
- 6.If you have question, ask :)
You may want to add rules that are specific to your event. Example from OuiShare Fest Paris: "Please charge your phones and other devices in the team’s lounge only. There will be a risk of a power outage if you plug your phone in another place (power needed has been calculated by space) for instance".
At OuiShare Fest Paris, we have 3 types of volunteers:
People who are only dedicated to one activity during the entire event.
People who have several different specific activities during the event (a rotating schedule).
People that can jump in and help out with any activity when needed.
All activities are structured into the following areas:
- Welcoming: management of the badges, information, held of the cloakroom, spaces management)
- Logistics & handling: installation, referent of spaces for material, runner
- Food & Drinks: preparation & distribution of food and beverages, cleaning/dishes
- Cleaning, Decoration & Zero Waste: keep the place welcoming and set up signage, implement the zero waste plan
- Tech: installation, wifi, video capture, support audio / video / picture
- Organization & Hosting: support the organization and help for the well-being, people management (team, speakers, partners of the event)
- Documentation & communication: notes of the sessions, translation, photos, social media, blogging, documentation of the Open Source methodology of the Fest, creation of manuals for the Fest production
*The details of each activity of each area may change according to the evolution of the preparation of the event and the realization.