Comment on page
Food & Drinks
This team is in charge of managing the kitchen during the event and making sure meals are served - these include breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks and drinks (all day).
- Kitchen in the main room
- Food & Drink in the main room
- Food & Drink in exhibition / networking area (if there is one)
- Additional food points for lunch, meaning spaces to chill out and eat in other rooms of the venue
Tasks associated with this area are:
- Clearing up (picking up dishes and cups) and washing
- Bar management (evening gatherings and parties)
Shifts will adapt to your event timetable. At OuiShare Fest Paris, this area was covered all throughout the event:
- Day 1: 7h-19h
- Day 2: 7h-19:00h
- Day 3: 10:30h-20:00h
- Day 4: 7:00h-20:30h
For this area, OuiShare Fest Paris 2016 had 1 area leader and 55 volunteers.
This is how work was distributed depending on the tasks:
- Serving food and drinks
- During the 3 first days (conference days), always 3 people per shift of 3 hours
- Open day, 5 people per shift of 3 hours
- Always 4 more people for extra support at lunch time.
- Clearing & Washing, 7 people per shift of 3 hours per day.
- Bar management for evening meetups and parties, 2-3 people per shift.
In order to coordinate the team and make the workflow as smooth and easy as possible, we recommend the team leader creates a separate brief for this area.
In addition to that, at OuiShare Fest Paris 2016, we created a Survival Guide for Kitchen Team Insider with tips and advice on how to deal with food & drink tasks, and reduce stress and workload. This document also aims to encourage and facilitate collaboration between volunteers.