Zero Waste, Cleaning & Decoration
Decoration at OuiShare Fest Paris 2016
This team has one main job which is keeping the entire venue neat and tidy and make sure it looks welcoming for attendees.
- Signage (printing and putting up banners at the entrance and the main rooms, the toilets, etc.).
- Further decoration tasks in the main and the secondary spaces.
- Cleaning, whenever necessary.
- Tidying up the space plus encouraging people to keep it that way.
- Dealing with any issues that may arise, like fixing any piece of furniture that may break down, or informing area leaders and look for help when facing more difficult problems.
- Collectig information about waste and impact assessment.
Ideally, you will create Shifs that allow people to have breaks and enjoy the rest of the event. Again 3-hour shifts work well for most people. Volunteers who are devoted to just this are can do 2 shifts of 3 hours each per day, whereas people contributing to other teams can do just one.
For this area, OuiShare Fest Paris 2016 had 3 area leaders and 16 volunteers.
This is how work was split up according to the main tasks:
- Clearing and tidy up of spaces
- 2 people the day before the event starts to check out final details
- During the 3 first days (conference days), always 1 person per shift of 3 hours
- Open day, 4-5 people per shift of 3 hours.
- Supporting team and attendes to sort out plus collecting information about waste and impact assessment
- 1 person per shif all throughout the event
- 2 people on the set-up day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.